The More I'm Striving For

Ten things I want more off: 

1. Love

2. Experiences
3. Adventures
4. Peace
5. Healthy eating 
6. Reading for pleasure
7.  Family dinners w/ friends
8. Writing 
9. Photography
10. Tidiness 

BOOM! 


Why? 


More Love because it feels so good. To love someone, something, some time, some space, some activity, event, experience... God is Love. Love is GOOD. I want more good.


More experiences because I'm starting to believe the thousand times I've heard that bypassing more spending and more stuff for more experiences will make me happier. I have one son, and these days will end. Memories are made in experiencing life. I hope for my little family to do that together. 


More adventures simply because of the above ideas of experiences, but also because the word adventure makes me want to step outside my comfort zone and just GO for it! Yes!!


More peace because I feel better at peace. Of course, true Peace comes from God. And I believe our choices and lifestyles can contribute to peace or unrest. More Peace please. 


More healthy eating because I want to be well. I don't want to be unhealthy, invite disease, become overweight, or feel yucky. 


More reading for pleasure because I've always wanted this. My struggle hasn't been time. Of course I have more that than most people. It's been content. I don't enjoy pleasure reading as much as intentional reading. And so, I'd like to find books I can get into. Books I don't want to put down. 

More family dinners w/ friends because when we moved here I hoped for that. And we have them. Friends. And I'd like to have them over. I love to host and serve and listen to laughter all around in our home. Ezekiel has fond memories of this as well.

More writing because I'm a writer, and I just don't write enough. 


More photography because I'm a photographer, and I just don't photograph enough... kidding. I LOVE having photographs of our life, year after year. Our memories. Our past. The seasons and stages caught in images. I don't want to miss that. I need to take more pictures. Of everything. Now. 

More tidiness because tidiness makes life easier and more enjoyable. I want to go through what we've got and narrow it once again, even more. I want LESS stuff and more freedom. 

What do I need less off to get these mores? 


For more Love I need less built up, hate, anger, distain, skepticism, mistrust, and pride

For more Experiences I need less inhibitions, laziness, less figuring and talking myself out of
For more Adventures I need less second guess, less nay-saying, and less staying behind 
For more Peace I need more time with Jesus, remembering who I am, always
For more Healthy eating I need less junk food in my way
For more Reading for pleasure I need less distractions. Less video games and Netflix 
For more Family dinners w/ friends I need less fear, procrastination and holding back
For more Writing I need less distractions and self-doubt 
For more Photography I need less of the lies I started to believe about not being present when behind the lens. I need to remember that I was ever more present in that space of awareness. That I AM a Photographer, and telling me that life is less enjoyed behind the lens is like telling an artist they shouldn't paint
For more Tidiness I need less stuff